Education, Training and Employment (ETE)
Our education, training and employment modules help people with a criminal record to overcome barriers to employment. Helping people identify what they really want to do or what interests them is key, as well as pinpointing any specific needs for education and training.
ETE helps reduce the risk of reoffending and supports people in overcoming their barriers and working towards gaining employment.
ETE helps individuals to:
- develop realistic and ambitious goals
- access education and training and gain qualifications, for example in English and Maths
- learn advanced skills and train for specific jobs or careers
- increase confidence and self-esteem
- develop and write a professional CV
- develop job search and application skills, such as completing application forms and preparing for interview
- disclose a criminal conviction to possible employers
- keep a job once they have started work.