Develop and lead an effective recruitment and onboarding process across the business, offering a credible direct talent sourcing model, including market positioning, attraction, selection frameworks and practices (including assessment centres), onboarding and settlement and proactive talent pool/ banking maintenance and development
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
Manage the recruitment process in accordance with current legislation, advising the business on recruitment best practice processes and market updates
Ensure that our employer brand ( internally and externally ) is developed always providing a consistent and engaging end-to-end candidate experience from initial business brief to onboarding and beyond
Work with hiring managers to develop and implement creative, proactive and effective recruiting strategies related to short and long term needs; including providing competitive intelligence/ researching and recommending best practice to assist with the attraction and retention of employees
Implement recruitment campaigns which may include advertising of vacancies on our internal/ external systems, liaising with recruitment agencies to develop and place adverts, monitoring and screening applications and conducting the initial sift against defined criteria to enable line managers to shortlist
Understand the different job roles, locations, professional posts and working to the highest standards to ensure best possible match between candidate and role to promote the long term retention and success of people placed into work at Working Links
Develop strong internal and external relationships across the Group, working collaboratively and proactively with key business partners so service delivery meets or exceeds expectations.
Efficient and effective delivery of the Working Links recruitment and selection process ensuring an equal and fair approach is applied to all.
Liaise with the HRSSC with regards to the production of contracts and the implementation of the new starter process
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
A minimum of 2 years recruitment experience, ideally in a fast paced, targets focused environment
Considerable knowledge of designing, developing and running assessment centres
In- house recruitment experience, including direct sourcing, candidate attraction, assessment methodologies, partnering with business functions and on-boarding
Considerable knowledge of managing large scale recruitment campaigns for a multi-site environment.
Knowledge and experience of the TUPE process
Experience dealing with third party suppliers and fee rates/terms and conditions
A broad level of strategic HR and recruitment best practice knowledge and legislation/ approaches so that the business can benefit from new market trends and developments within the HR/recruitment professions.
To contribute to the overall performance of Wales Community Rehabilitation Company (Wales CRC) by the provision of Reception, administrative and other support services
As a Receptionist, you will be providing a first point of contact for Service Users, either in person or by phone. You will have good communication, written and numeracy skills as well a good understanding of a range of IT systems.
Some evening working will be needed to meet service users who visit the office during the evening
1. Act as first point of contact, while on Reception, for all visitors to the Probation Office, promptly notifying the relevant staff member that their visitor has arrived.
2. Handle telephone calls, taking messages as appropriate, and promptly directing to the appropriate team.
3. Answer all enquiries, while on Reception, relating to basic information about Wales CRC or the building, referring more technical enquiries to an appropriate manager.
4. Deal with all mail items; incoming, outgoing and internal.
5. Retain petty cash and travel warrants to reimburse offenders according to current policy under the supervision of the Operational Manager.
6. Provide a confidential and high level administrative support service, to include;
Process and update computer based and manual files and filing systems
Use a range of computer software in providing comprehensive administration support
Produce a range of documentation and correspondence
8. To perform delegated administration tasks as required relating to the LDU as directed by the Operational Manager/LDU Head
9. Build and maintain strong working relationship with key business partners to ensure they contribute to the delivery of business plan objectives.
10. To be proactive and anticipate future work demands.
Other Areas of Responsibility:
· Model the vision and values of Wales CRC, providing leadership regarding ways of working within LDU
· Ensure the provisions of Wales CRC Welsh Language Scheme are implemented in all aspects of work.
· Develop a culture of systems that promote equality and value diversity
· Ensure that all aspects of service delivery and partnership work adhere to the legal and Wales CRC requirements of our equality objectives.
· Develop own knowledge and skills to meet objectives
· The role is dynamic and the key duties of the post will develop and evolve in accordance with the overall role and purpose of the post.
· In order to meet both short and longer term organisational requirements Wales CRC reserve the right to re-assign the post holder to other locations and/or roles within the same level banding (commensurate with skills and abilities ) in accordance with prevailing Wales CRC policies.
Good verbal and written communication skills - Essential
Organisational skills – Essential
Strong IT Skills - Essential
Good numeracy skills - Essential
Understanding/awareness of Data Protection - Essential
Previous clerical or administrative experience – Desirable
Ability to provide excellent customer service – Essential
Ability to speak and write in Welsh – Desirable
Temporary 6 months secondment or fixed term contract
To work within established procedures to ensure delivery of an efficient and accurate administrative service in accordance with operational service level agreements (SLAs) or deadlines.
1. Responds to first line enquiries from customers or colleagues relating to regional activities, ensuring the best possible service is provided
2. Extracts specified information from documents or adds appropriate standard coding and attachments to documents to support an administrative process.
3. Compile simple summaries of information relating to documents processed to support reporting requirements.
4. Locates and extracts information from files and records as requested to support analytical or reporting requirements.
5. Undertake word processing duties, including formatting letters, memos and reports to an acceptable standard of accuracy and timeliness
6. Ensure processes are followed for the management of information so all data is accurately captured and stored in accordance with data protection requirements.
7. Performs any other administrative duties (e.g. filing, photocopying), working flexibly in response to changing operational demands to support customer focussed service delivery.
8. Complete a friendly Welcome Call to our customers to book them in for their first appointment and support Consultants as and when required to book customers in for future appointments and group sessions.
9. Send out confirmation emails to customers regarding details of their next appointment, groups session or interview
10. Book rooms in local venues for Consultant and Advisor delivery
11. Schedule and complete IWS calls to customers identifying if any further support is required.
12. Contact employers to obtain verification and ensure evidence requirements of performance are met
13. Manage and reconcile petty cash
14. Adhere to ESF compliance standards with regards to storing and maintaining documents. Also undertake monthly compliance file checks
15. Arrange and complete monthly catch up calls with our disengaged customers.
To manage the Group financial accounting process, maintain accurate financial records in accordance with statutory requirements and report the financial information the business needs to make executive and operational decisions.
Produce Group consolidation of management and financial accounts in line with demanding reporting timetables.
Ensure reporting requirements to parent company (Aurelius) are met in line with the Group deadlines; to include monthly actuals, quarterly disclosures, quarterly forecasts and annual budgets, as well as other ad hoc requests for information.
Prepare balance sheet control and analysis in conjunction with all Finance Controllers.
Prepare cash flow statements in conjunction with Treasury Accounting Controller.
Act as the Finance Business Partner for all corporate budget holders including members of the Executive to achieve sound management of overheads, providing insight and deep understanding, leading to improved accuracy in the monthly accounts.
Produce regular and ad hoc balance sheet reports in response to reporting timetables and specific requests from the business to enable informed financial decision making.
Produce year-end consolidated financial statements and, alongside Group Accounting Controller, manage year-end audit process; ensuring information is presented accurately and in accordance with statutory accounting requirements with all adjustments being properly recorded in the Group ledgers.
Assume the role of tax expert for the Group; accountable for corporation & deferred tax accounting, liaising with the company tax advisors, ensuring timely payments and legal compliance; maintain up to date knowledge and use this to deliver maximum financial benefits to the company.
Accountable for pensions accounting, liaising with company actuaries to ensure compliance with accounting standards and correct treatment within the Group accounts.
Maintain control of the overall capital budgets for departments, preparing recommendations on large-scale projects and ensuring that funding is properly distributed.
Coordinate and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
Establish and maintain strong working relationships across the finance function; ensure workflow is coordinated and resources are shared to meet changing operational demands.
Maintain a broad level of accountancy best practice knowledge through continuous professional development so that the business can benefit from developments within the finance profession.
Experience in a senior finance role in an organisation of similar scale and complexity.
Strong technical accounting skills, in particular the UK and International accounting standards relating to tax and pensions.
Experience of customer focused service delivery.
Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA) ideally with a minimum of 10 years post qualified experience.
Various Locations across the South West of England
Salary: £29,038-£36,084 (according to relevant experience)
We are recruiting for qualified Probation Officers in a number of locations across the South West of England. Locations include rural areas in Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire, Dorset, Devon and Cornwall as well as opportunities to work in urban centres such as Bristol, Gloucester, Swindon and Plymouth.
As a Probation Officer in the Community Rehabilitation Companies you will have the opportunity to work flexibly with service users in the community offering a variety of approaches to managing people through their order and to reduce reoffending. This includes the management of service users on Programmes, Rehabilitation Activity Requirements (RARs) Community Payback and Through the Gates, as well as opportunities to work closely with a range of partner providers in the community.
The role of the Probation Officer is and will remain a critical part of the new ways of working across the two South West CRCs and for this reason we are investing in the development of Probation Officers including supporting a new cohort of trainee Probation Officers.
An ability to work within and alongside teams both internally and externally in the Community
Excellent risk assessment and management skills
Previous experience of working as a PO
Knowledge of Delius and Oasys
DipPS, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent of another Probation or Social Work related qualification.
Please complete the online application form to apply for this position.
Please indicate in your application if you have a preferred location.